We are currently looking for a Full-Time Manager to run the day-to-day operations at Paddle Creek. This is a salaried, seasonal position that runs from mid-March through the end of October.
If you can recruit and motivate a staff to provide an excellent customer experience every time, organize and drive marketing efforts, and are willing to work most weekends, then this may be the job for you. There is the stuff below, but really, they take a backseat to personality and attitude. We don’t care if you know anything about canoes or kayaks, if you have the skills below and are generally awesome, honest, and reliable we can teach you the rest.
The job involves:
- Recruiting, hiring, and managing 10-15 staff members
- Scheduling and payroll budget management
- Cash management
- Creating and maintaining a phenomenal customer experience
- Driving customer acquisition efforts through outside marketing and community collaboration
- Planning, marketing, and executing at least 1 special event paddle each month
- Ensuring 100% staff compliance with all safety standards
- Managing large group and special event reservations
- A fun, outgoing personality
- Ability to lift 70 pounds over your head
- A minimum of 3 years experience managing people
- Basic social media skills
- A desire to solve problems and be proactive
- Clean driving record
- Experience with and be comfortable driving a big van with a trailer
- Experience driving revenue through sales and networking
Things to consider:
- It is outside. All the time. There is no stepping into the air-conditioning.
- You might get muddy, sweaty, dirty, and/or wet.
- You will be speaking to and directing groups of people.
- It can be fast paced at times.
- It is seasonal (mid-March through October).
- Working weekends and holidays (Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day) is required.
Email your resume, including salary requirements, and a cover page about why you are generally awesome and would be a good fit for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.