We need a few extra people to help us get through the end of the season. Here’s the details. If you are interested, email us a resume and a cover letter of why you are awesome to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-Time, seasonal position available at Paddle Creek in Wake Forest
If you can provide an excellent customer experience every time, drive a large van with a trailer, and are available on at least one weekend day a week, let’s talk. There is the stuff below, but really, they take a backseat to personality and attitude. We don’t care if you know anything about canoes or kayaks, if you are generally awesome, honest, and reliable we can teach you the rest.
The job involves:
- Greeting and checking-in customers
- Booking and rebooking trips and rentals
- Managing phone calls, emails, and social media interaction
- Loading and unloading kayaks, canoes, and stand up paddle boards
- Ensuring collection and management of payments and waivers
- Loading and unloading customers into the vans and driving them to or from the river
- A fun, outgoing personality
- Ability to lift 70 pounds over your head (or the ability to convince a coworker to do it for you)
- Basic social media skills
- A desire to solve problems and be proactive
- Clean driving record
- Comfortable driving big van with a trailer
Things to consider:
- It is outside. All the time. There is no stepping into the air-conditioning.
- You might get muddy, sweaty, dirty, and/or wet.
- You will be speaking to and directing groups of people.
- It can be fast paced at times.
- It is seasonal (Now through late October).
- Working on Holidays (Labor Day Weekend) is required
- Weekend availability is required.
- Drug free workplace (Must pass drug test)
- Fun industry and awesome coworkers
- Basically unlimited use of kayaks and SUPs
- Employee purchase deals on outdoor gear