Paddle Creek is hiring part-time, seasonal employees to provide great customer experiences. That’s it, if you can provide an excellent customer experience every time, that’s all we care about. There is the stuff below, but really, they take a backseat to personality and attitude. We don’t care if you know anything about canoes or kayaks, if you are generally awesome, honest, and reliable we can teach you the rest.
The job involves:
- Greeting and checking-in customers
- Booking and rebooking trips and rentals
- Managing phone calls, emails, and social media interaction
- Loading and unloading kayaks, canoes, and stand up paddle boards
- Ensuring collection and management of payments and waivers
- Loading and unloading customers into the vans and driving them to or from the river
- A fun, outgoing personality
- Ability to lift 70 pounds over your head (or the ability to convince a coworker to do it for you)
- Basic social media skills
- A desire to solve problems and be proactive
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Clean driving record
- Comfortable driving big van with a trailer
Things to consider:
- It is outside. All the time. There is no stepping into the air-conditioning.
- You might get muddy, sweaty, dirty, and/or wet.
- You will be speaking to and directing groups of people.
- It can be fast paced at times.
- It is seasonal (mid-March through mid-November) with limited hours available (mostly weekends) in April & May.
- Some weekend availability is required.
Email your resume or work history and a cover page about why you are generally awesome and would be a good fit for the position to email@example.com.